i love a good cozy night, and today was just the day for that. here’s the things that are essential to a good, cozy night.
- music. music is important for maximum coziness, in my book. lately, i’ve been listening to a lot of oh wonder. go onto spotify and listen to “this is: oh wonder.” it’s magical and cozy and i would reccomend it to anyone. “drive” is my favorite.
- clothes. i love my pajamas, and on nights like this, i wear sweatpants and a hoodie or leggings and a giant shirt.
- activities. whether you’re watching tv or reading a book, you need to have something that matches your vibes. for shows, i reccomend yuri!!! on ice, gilmore girls, and grey’s anatomy. for movies, i reccomend “a long way down,” or any disney movie. for books, i suggest rainbow rowell’s “fangirl,” harry potter, books i always go back to. pick a book that makes you feel at home.
- atmosphere. turn on fairy lights (i have at least four strands in my room, with some christmas lights). light a good scented candle. have fresh sheets or a soft, fluffy blanket. grab your favorite pillow. i always like it to be cooler, too. i can’t function when it’s over 75° in my house, and i always have my fan on. make a fort, if you like!
- hygiene. sometimes i prefer to bathe beforehand, if i haven’t already. a nice bubble bath, just soaking, sounds fantastic. get some epsom salts, a bath bomb, or maybe some hair masks/deep conditioner. tea lights are good, too!
- if all turns out good, take a picture of your space. it just might turn out good enough to post.
those were my favorite tips for a cozy, “tumblr” night. what are your tips for people looking to up their relaxation?