autumn is finally upon us! for most, it means changing leaves, sweaters, warm drinks and the smell of candles and pumpkin. however, for me, i won’t be getting much of that for a while. my location is much too warm for my taste- today it’s over ninety degrees fahrenheit!
the season is bringing some good things, though. the fair is coming, meaning cute pictures, some favorite outfits, overpriced goodies and rides i used to be terrified to go on and now love. i can now bring out the colors i love in my room decoration. movies and books i love are brought out without shame, and i can consider halloween costumes!
of course, fall also means exams. mine are in a week and a half, but i think i’m ready. english may be my downfall, though! it used to be my favorite subject, but my native language is so complicated in my opinion. however, i think i’ll ace math, science, and especially history. my history class is taking its spot as favorite subject for the second year in a row (maybe because i keep getting such good teachers).
one thing that i find that motivates me for these fall exams are studygrams and inspiration on instagram. the bullet journal spreads, pictures of stationary, snapshots of libraries and examples of notes and handwriting always make me want to jump on whatever subject i must and hustle!
what are you most excited for in autumn? or maybe you have some studygrams you’d reccomend! leave both in the comments!
i like long sleeves and soft blankets, cats and disney. i like rain, with cooler nights. i like more nude colors and fjallraven bags. i like baking and books. i like fairy lights and forts. i like the smell of cinnamon and vanilla, of banana bread in the oven. i like polaroids. i like when it’s at night, and there’s a sky that’s straight out of peter pan. i like making up constellations in my mind to make up for the fact i don’t know what i’m doing. i like oh wonder and dodie. i like talking deep topics, sipping on slushies. i like watching movies and cartoons until it’s so late you can’t stay awake, swimming and laughing with your friends with paint up and down your arms from messing around. i like musicals and face masks.
they’re not necessarily related, but they make me feel at home.
i love a good cozy night, and today was just the day for that. here’s the things that are essential to a good, cozy night.
- music. music is important for maximum coziness, in my book. lately, i’ve been listening to a lot of oh wonder. go onto spotify and listen to “this is: oh wonder.” it’s magical and cozy and i would reccomend it to anyone. “drive” is my favorite.
- clothes. i love my pajamas, and on nights like this, i wear sweatpants and a hoodie or leggings and a giant shirt.
- activities. whether you’re watching tv or reading a book, you need to have something that matches your vibes. for shows, i reccomend yuri!!! on ice, gilmore girls, and grey’s anatomy. for movies, i reccomend “a long way down,” or any disney movie. for books, i suggest rainbow rowell’s “fangirl,” harry potter, books i always go back to. pick a book that makes you feel at home.
- atmosphere. turn on fairy lights (i have at least four strands in my room, with some christmas lights). light a good scented candle. have fresh sheets or a soft, fluffy blanket. grab your favorite pillow. i always like it to be cooler, too. i can’t function when it’s over 75° in my house, and i always have my fan on. make a fort, if you like!
- hygiene. sometimes i prefer to bathe beforehand, if i haven’t already. a nice bubble bath, just soaking, sounds fantastic. get some epsom salts, a bath bomb, or maybe some hair masks/deep conditioner. tea lights are good, too!
- if all turns out good, take a picture of your space. it just might turn out good enough to post.
those were my favorite tips for a cozy, “tumblr” night. what are your tips for people looking to up their relaxation?
(i’ll keep this short, but there WILL be spoilers.)
this will be a very general review, but i felt the need to do it, since i have seen the season in full. i think i’ll do short and cut up, with each paragraph about something new. there won’t be much transition. i apologize, i’m quite sleepy.
the last two episodes are the best. i just had to get it out of the way, i just loved them.
i cannot stand bughead. they erased jughead’s asexuality (possibly for bughead) and i feel like that’s completely stupid. people need to get rid of the “asexuals are cold, unfeeling characters” trope! simple googling could have told him he could be asexual and still in a relationship, and i headcanoned it like that for a while. but they still went for it. however, the fandom is still freaking out for betty and jughead, when i would have loved them as a crime-fighting duo, sans relationship.
i also don’t care much for varchie. i get bad vibes from it. it was clear veronica was willing to put him aside for betty and it seemed like she didn’t even care anymore. then they simply sucked you back in and had sex in the FIRST SEASON! i might not’ve minded it- i might even have shipped it- if it came later. however, they rushed it, like they did with about four other ladies to get with archie this season.
archie’s musical storyline was stupid and unnecessary. it was just a reason to get people to fawn over him.
cheryl blossom gets no recognition for being the best character on riverdale and that ends TODAY! she’s been through so much, with her brother dying at her father’s hands and then losing him too. she found out he was a victim of unknowing incest, which would taint his reputation unrecognizably quick. she tries to soldier on with a hard face, but simply can’t without being accused of incest or murder. she’s secretly loving and wants someone to love her for once, as no one did but jason. SOMEONE LOVE CHERYL BLOSSOM PLEASE OH GOD I VOLUNTEER!
veronica gave me mixed emotions. i loved her at some points, especially when her and cheryl were being very married (they’re my current otp). however, some shots (like how she accused cheryl of incest) were way below the belt. yes, cheryl might’ve been coming for betty and veronica, but to go after her deceased brother who was the only one she cared about? honey, you’ve crossed the line. with development, she has the potential to become very good, but i’m not so sure right now.
i don’t care much about betty right now, and jughead simply annoyed me.
alice and fp were dating and no one can tell me otherwise sorry goodbye look at some youtube edits.
THINGS THE WRITERS FORGOT ABOUT: the pussycats, the pussycats’s message, reggie, b&v, beronica storyline, the fact that not every girl should kiss archie this season, jughead’s asexuality, reggie mantle, the fact betty almost boiled a boy alive, the fact chuck was a good guy in the comics, moose (WHERE IS HE FIND HIM), dillon (he’s not important but i kinda want him to be), polly’s grieving, betty’s pill foreshadowing.
what do i ship? why, it’s: cheronica, beronica, archeryl, chosie. basically only the lesbians.
but is joaquin alice and fp’s son they were forced to give up orrrrrrrrrrrrr??? he’s kind of similar in my eyes.
basically i just love cheronica.
i apologize for this being all over the place but i had a lot of thoughts. leave me yours!
don’t lie, we all have that one person in our minds who we’d love to be. i know you’re envisioning them right now, imagining the things you’d like to change. while i’m a huge supporter of loving yourself no matter what, i also believe it’s good to have goals to work towards. so here it is: my dream me.
- dream julia has nice, long hair and perfectly clear skin. her arms aren’t muddled with awful bumps and it’s smooth and even. her teeth are nice and straight. she’s not so hairy and has great nails.
- dream julia wears what she likes, mostly the cozier sweaters, leggings, and jeans. the tee shirts she wears are comfy and simplistic. she owns a plethora of boots and flats, and the sandals she owns all look great. she’s never worried about what her clothes will look like, because everything works. it’s nudes, yellows, reds, blues and soft pinks.
- dream julia has a room that no one ever wants to leave. it’s got fairy lights and christmas lights galore, and her bed is so cozy. when it’s that time of year, she’s got a cute christmas tree. it’s the perfect size.
- dream julia does not procrastinate. everything is done immediately, and everything is done thoroughly. her work gets her an “a” in every class.
- dream julia is amazing at the ukulele, no explanation needed.
- dream julia is a much better singer.
- dream julia is kind and considerate. others always come first, no matter what. she makes sure her family knows she values them. she minimizes anxiety and jealousy.
- dream julia reads a lot more. she does not escape to the internet in every moment.
i’m probably forgetting something, but that’s the basis of it. what’s your dream persona?
(note: yes, before the comments come for me, i’m aware that’s a christmas tree in the picture and it’s july. i’m addicted to winter, haha!)
i just wanted to make a short little post in appreciation of pride month. i think it’s amazing and that more people should recognize it as such. remember: your sexuality and gender identity is 100% valid.
bi-erasure and asexual-erasure is a pet peeve of mine. you can like guys and girls. it’s completely fine to not have sexual feelings towards anyone, and grey-aces still count, too. (people who mistake it for budding are simply ignorant about the subject.)
a final remember: sentences like this are homophobic:
“i don’t care what people do behind closed doors, i just don’t want to see it.”
okay, but you go right along kissing your boyfriend or girlfriend in public in a disgusting manner. whatever.
happy pride month!